Monday, June 4, 2007

More sacrifice

A Doctor's wife has to do whatever is in her/his power to stand by her man, even if it means moving to faraway regions (see previous post) or changing careers.

Now take me fx. I have now started in a job where I will learn good DRSW skills like doing biochemical tests and taking blood samples. Because then I am sure to be invited to go with my husband for Medicins sans Frontières to some strange country where I will have to poop in a hole in the ground... It may also give me the chance to share workplace with my DR later on, so we can meet for lunch and I can fight off the nurse(shark)s. But at what price?

I almost fainted during my first day of work because I am really against the idea of needles in the first place and blood has never really been my thing either, but...the things we do for love... And I am sure it will spawn long serious conversations about medical tests and stuff in the future.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go paint my toenails.

No comments: